KARAKTER: CREATING THE CLASSICS OF TOMORROW
Founded in 2008, KARAKTER’s mission is to designs virtual worlds that stand the test of time. Amongst other things, we have helped to develop the world of Horizon for Sony, soon also featured as a Netflix series.
MATERIA: CRAFTING OBJECTS OF JOY
Founded in 2021, MATERIA seeks to entertain the world, by making visual designs for live game content. The studio is predominantly focusing on properties with a stylized look.
Humans strive for omnipotence without having to get up from their easy chair.
– on the predictability of product innovations
What a client says that he wants is not always what he needs.
– on the role of a design director
Antiquity never gets old.
– on what is still worth learning in the age of artificial intelligence
Virtual worlds are holiday destinations for the mind.
– on the deeper needs satisfied by video games and worlds of fantasy
Game visuals only become art when they are interpretable like poetry.
– on the question if videogames can be considered art
Modern architecture seeks to appeal to fellow architects and the investor’s bottom line. Game architecture seeks to enchant the passer-by.
– on what can be learned fom video games